We are excited to get back to face-to-face meetings of the church!
The elders have looked at the current guidelines from Governor Lee and have been in touch with our sister congregations to try to come up with a wise plan.
Sunday morning worship assemblies will resume on May 17th. We will have our two morning services (8am and 10:30am). We will have an online stream available during the 10:30am service. We will not have in person Sunday School, Sunday evening, or Wednesday classes yet.
If you are sick, have a fever, or were exposed to someone who is sick, please stay home!
If you are at a high risk, we encourage you to stay home. (The CDC says this includes those over 65, or with chronic lung diseases, diabetes, severe obesity, and those who are immunocompromised. You can read the list here.)
We plan to make the following modifications for the next few weeks:
- Alternating rows of seating will be blocked to maintain social distancing between family groups.
- The nursery/kids room will be closed.
- Contributions can still be made online, by mail, or in a box at the back of the auditorium.
- You may pick up your communion supplies on the way into the auditorium. Please throw away your trash in the foyer following services.
- We will wipe down door handles between the two services. Please understand that we will not be able to “fully” disinfect the building in the time between services.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in several locations in the foyer.
- We will have masks available in the foyer (thank you, Joyce!) for you to wear to minimize the chance of spreading the virus.
As you know, generally the first service is half the size of the second service. You might consider attending first service if you are at risk and determined to come since more space is available.
We intend to resume face to face Sunday School and Wednesday classes the week of June 7th (the first Sunday in June).
We expect most of our regular activities to resume in June.
White Bluff’s summer camp has been delayed until fall break. There is no word yet regarding Vacation Bible School.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We want to do what’s best to love God and love neighbor, to show faith and wisdom to the church and to the community.
We look forward to seeing you soon!